Sunday 20 November 2016

Pre Prep Numbers 1 to 5

Learning to count to 5 can be so much more fun with the help of a soft cuddly cat, five little mice finger puppets, a pair of black cat ears and a lively song performed by Duo Tiempo de Sol.

Cinco ratoncitos vi

I made very simple mice finger puppets out of paper, pink felt and black felt tip pen.




Before listening to the song, I made the five little mice come out of the house one by one. As I counted them out I put them on the fingers of my left hand. The cat came next, miaowing first before revealing itself. The children laughed when the mice moved to one side at the sight of the cat!


I said the rhyme slowly so the children got used to it first. When the cat appeared, it took one of the mice and we counted how many mice were left in the hand. We did the same for the remaining four mice, counting them out each time the cat took one.


On the next lesson, we watched the song and used the finger puppets to act out the story. The children took turns to wear the black cat´s ears and remove one of the mice from my hand.

At the end of the song, we counted the mice again one by one as the children put them back on my fingers for a last goodbye.




No comments:

Post a Comment